DIY Body Butter
If you are conscious about what you put on your skin and you want to make sure the ingredients in your body butter are as clean as possible, then it doesn’t get any better than to DIY!
Luckily, it’s not rocket science and you don’t need any equipment apart from your food processor to get it done.
Our skin is tested each and every day. It is exposed to the elements, pollution, dehydration, sun, age, life-changes such as pregnancy and birth, everything we do affects its appearance and texture. Which is why it is important to be able to not only reverse these, but to also prevent them from happening again by protecting our skin.
So what do you need?
Here is a simple, yet powerful body butter recipe that will heal your skin, make it wonderfully soft to the touch, protect it from the elements & add a wonderful aroma. Just throw all of the ingredients below in a food processor & mix until smooth. Apply on your body on a daily basis.
1 cup Raw Unrefined Cocoa Butter
1 cup Raw Unrefined Shea Butter
¼ cup Cold-pressed Almond Oil
¼ cup Cold-pressed Jojoba Oil
¼ cup Vit E Oil (without additives)
Each one of the ingredients has a special purpose and is created to provide long-lasting nourishment for your skin.
- Cocoa Butter is high in fat, which help it form a protective barrier over your skin to keep the moisture locked in. It helps you hydrate & nourish the skin, while improving elasticity & appearance. Thanks to those fatty acids and its anti-inflammatory properties, cocoa butter can also reduce skin inflammation, scarring and wrinkles. Did we mention that it also smells heavenly?
- Shea Butter is an absolute favourite around here! It has many anti-inflammatory, healing & soothing properties, which is why it is perfect for anyone looking to reverse stretch marks or wrinkles. It is full of vitamins, such as A, E &F, that help nourish and protect your skin. Shea butter also helps with eczema & psoriasis, while providing some natural SPF.
- Almond Oil is an absolute goldmine when it comes to your skin! It has so many benefits that we are just going to scratch the top of the mountain here mentioning a few of its properties that made us add it into this body butter. This wonderful nut oil can reduce the appearance of scars, helps reverse sun damage, improves complexion and skin tone, and reduces the appearance of wrinkles. It is full fats, B-vitamins, potassium & vitamin C, which helps blood circulation & improves skin integrity.
- Jojoba Oil is the love of my life! In structure, it is the closest one you’ll get to the oil produced by our bodies, which makes it perfect for sensitive. Jojoba oil helps speed up wound healing, promotes collagen synthesis, it’s antibacterial & hypoallergenic. It is the one oil I use for everything on its own and in combination with other oils. It is ideal in case you need to control sebum production and fight free radicals. It is rich in vitamin B complex and vitamin E, which aid the reduction of wrinkles and the removal of stretch marks & blemishes.
- Vitamin E is essential for our skin. It helps rejuvenate the skin, while improving moisture, reducing wrinkles & dark circles, unclogging pores and restoring the overall appearance of the skin. It is quite thick, but when mixed with a carrier oil it is applied easily on the skin. One of its best benefits is that it can prevent pre-mature aging and strengthen the skin in the long run.
It is best to store the body butter at room temperature. If it gets a bit warm, it could get a tad more liquid, in which case just pop it in the fridge for an hour. You will see immediate results when it comes to texture and appearance. It can take up to a couple of weeks to see an improvement in stretch marks.
Give it a go and share with us on Instagram using #innocuousskincare, we’d love to see how it turned out and if it’s working for you!
The post DIY Body Butter appeared first on OurSKN.